Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

THE TAXI OF DEATH

.. well, for mossies at least. This morning's journey to the office was made slightly more interesting by the seriously large number of mosquitoes that were hitching a ride with us.
I think I 'disposed' of 14 but there must have been more than 30. Tanya was far more generous and allowed them to escape by opening her window - but I did the totally non-Thai and non-Buddhist thing and just clapped my hands as they flew past. Well, how was I to know they would be flying between my hands at the exact moment by palms touched?
You would have thought the driver might have given us a discount for helping rid his cab of these annoyances, but no such luck.

2 comments:

Christine Hoh 5:21 AM  

no no no

every living thing should be given a chance to survive.
I guess the mossies are just being in the wrong place at the wrong time - just when you are about to pray ....

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 12:15 PM  

You got it right Christine ... they flew through my hands just as I had a sudden and swift urge to wai (the standard Thai greetings where both palms are brought together).

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.