Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

MEETING WITH THE EDITOR

Earlier this week I had a meeting with the editor of Thailand's number three best-selling newspaper. This is a Thai publication with a claimed circulation in the 500,000- 600,000 copies per day region.
I was expecting an older, stern, serious character but he actually turned out to be young-ish (early 40s at a guess), seemingly quite meek, verging on nervous. Perhaps the language issue was scaring him (his English was fine so he needn't have worried) or perhaps I'm just a generally scary guy.
Our new magazine isn't a rival to his newspaper but perhaps the brand image and reputation was influencing his attitude. I might have been getting a false impression because of the language issue but I would love to have known why he seemed so scared?

1 comments:

Teresa H 3:29 PM  

Hi Andrew

Well I can't imagine what it was that made him so nervous - perhaps as you say the fact that you are English and representing a global brand ?

T

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.