Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A GOOD IDEA, OR NOT ?

We've recently started sharing some of our non-sensitive company documents on Google's Docs & Spreadsheets utility. It makes sharing information throughout the office a lot easier, and saves countless emails and the proverbial forest of printouts. Although our documents are password-protected I wouldn't be happy about sharing confidential business details in this method.
This morning we experienced the down side of putting work on the web with (yet) another Internet outage. This one lasted the better part of five hours - although I don't think the exact cause of this one will ever be known. I do know we weren't the only ones affected so it doesn't make me feel quite so bad.
Thailand certainly has work to do to emulate the UK in terms of Internet reliability and speed.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.