Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Monday, August 20, 2007

WHAT MAKES A GOOD NEWSPAPER?

One of our publications is in need of a redesign, and as the director responsible for editorial that task comes to me. I've been involved in a couple of redesigns before but never with sole responsibility of the outcome.
Design has always played a key part in any relaunch I have seen, and I think our newspaper will be sporting a new look in a few months time too. I'm not bothered that it's in Thai; if anything that's an advantage because I can concentrate solely on the design and leave the content side to the editor.
This newspaper (pictured right) is elEconomista from Spain and is the current 'Best Designed Newspaper' in the under 25,000 circulation category in the annual competition organized by the Society of News Design. That's where I hope our newspaper will be one day soon.
What do you think makes a good newspaper, and why?

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.