Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MY MOST READ STORIES OF THE YEAR

It's quite enlightening to see what stories have grabbed your attention during the past 12 months. This blog began as a way of documenting my move from Berkshire to Bangkok but it's morphed into something bigger with 10,819 unique visitors during the past 363 days. Thank you.
So here they are, The Bangkok Bugle's top five most read stories of the year.

1. http://www.bangkokbugle.com/2008/12/has-economist-been-banned.html
The controversy behind the recent non-distribution of one issue of The Economist magazine in Thailand caught your attention, largely thanks to several links from some popular blogs.

2. http://www.bangkokbugle.com/2008/12/economist-ban-by-any-other-name.html
Just three days after the most popular post The Economist situation became a little clearer. This post was the second most popular.

3. http://www.bangkokbugle.com/2007/12/not-nation.html
The third most viewed page this year actually dates from 2007. It's a review of Not The Nation, the satirical website that pokes a serious amount of fun at The Nation. This post is popular thanks to a link on Wikipedia.

4. http://www.bangkokbugle.com/2008/09/ikea-to-open-in-bangkok.html
My post, taken from news in The Bangkok Post, about a possible opening of IKEA in Bangkok drew much attention - far more than the follow-up post several days later that quoted a spokesman from the company denying an opening in Thailand was anywhere near close. IKEA should take note of the apparent desire for a store here.

5. http://www.bangkokbugle.com/2008/07/daily-xpress-drops-weekend-editions.html
Posts surrounding Daily Xpress, the free publication (I'm still not calling it a newspaper) from Nation Group, were popular throughout the year but this one about the demise of its weekend editions makes it into the top five most viewed pages of 2008 on The Bangkok Bugle.

2 comments:

Anonymous 9:09 PM  

Interesting! And well done. Tell, what tracking service/software are you using? Google Analytics seems quite reliable, whereas the built-in that come with hosting plans are rather not.

I "rely" on four different ones, all giving me different outputs ...

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 3:05 PM  

Hi Dan. Thanks. I have stuck with Google from the start so I base all my figures using Analytics. I don't know if it's accurate as I have nothing to compare it with but I'm happy.

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.