Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Friday, July 21, 2006

A CRASH COURSE IN MANAGEMENT

This morning I 'chaired' the first meeting of senior managers and staff at my company. My boss had asked me to talk to the staff about what they consider to be the best things and the worst things about the company. The idea, obviously, is to ensure that everyone is happy and that the company is making the best possible use of its resources.
My role here is one that three or four people in the UK would be employed to do. First I am English Langague editor and consultant, secondly I am speaking to other publishers around the world to get licenses for existing publications here in Thailand, thirdly I am coming up with marketing and PR suggestions to help raise the profile of the current portfolio of titles, and fourthly I am an English teacher - although I must admit everyone has been too busy this week to have any lessons.
If I sound busy then yes I am, but it is not in the least bit stressful. As I have said before, the Thai ways of work and life are a lot more relaxed than those in the UK, but I don't think we are any less productive here. Everyone has their job to do and it gets done - sooner or later.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.