Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Monday, July 24, 2006

A TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL

It's okay - there was nothing wrong with either me of Tanya, but yesterday morning we made the short trip to Siriraj Hospital. The reason is that His Majesty, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the King of Thailand, underwent surgery on his spine last Thursday. Anyone who has been to Thailand or who knows anything about the Thai people will know how much respect and love they have for their King and for the royal family as a whole. An example of this is that the National Anthem is played every day at 8am and 6pm - on radio, television and in many public places.
Throughout Thailand books have been opened for people to send their good wishes for a speedy recovery to His Majesty, so Tanya and I went to sign the book at the hospital and to join the hundreds of other people who were praying for a speedy recovery.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.