Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

THE PENNY IS DROPPING ...

I guess when you live in a country long enough there comes a moment when things suddenly start to make sense. I'm talking about the Thai language here, and this afternoon I was in a meeting with around 12 Thai colleagues and, whilst one of them was talking I realised that I can actually understand more that I thought.
I think my Thai vocabulary now extends to more than 200-300 words, and it seems that I am now able to fill in the gaps between the words I understand and the words I don't - and make some kind of sense of things.
This had to happen now - just eight days before I travel back to the UK for 10 days. I hope it's not going to take another six months to get back to where I am now in terms of the language.

1 comments:

Teresa H 6:20 PM  

Easy - just speak Thai when you are over here - no chance of forgetting
T

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.