Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Monday, August 21, 2006

PREMIER LEAGUE - THAI STYLE

Over the weekend it was good to watch some of the opening day games in the Barclays Premiership live. There was two games on Saturday and two yesterday as well, although the cable in the apartment was being a bit tempremental so I only got to see the Chelsea game.
There was also another live game on TV yesterday afternoon - the Thai League Division Two match between 'The Port Authority of Thailand' versus 'Chontabuti Province'. I have to admit the standard wasn't up to much - something akin to Sunday League football in the UK gives you a pretty fair idea.
My own personal favourite Thai team is the mighty 'Bangkok Bank'. Besides being my own financial institution out here, I think any team that plays in pink deserves support. Just imagine how that would go down in the UK?
Back to the UK, and it was good to see Reading's win against Middlesborough got good coverage in Sunday's Bangkok Post. I've still to see anyone out here wearing a Royals shirt though.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.