Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

MY JOB

To give you an idea of the job I do here, and how much contact and involvement I have with the UK, US and Europe, I've just checked my work emails and a grand total of 22 have arrived since I last checked at 8pm yesterday evening.
That's 22 legitimate ones - not including the spam and unsolicited stuff.
I have said to my boss and colleagues that we are already a truly international publishing company, and I think those statistics show why. It's also a good reason why, at least when we launch the new magazine next year, some of us will need to work with more of an overlap to the US working day.
Right now I am sending emails during our day and waiting 24-hours or more for a reply from the US. That's not going to be acceptable in the run-up to the launch so I can forsee some of us having to work a 9pm-6am Thai time schedule, at least for a few days prior to the big day.
Fun, fun, fun!

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.