Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

TEACHING THE EDITOR TO SPELL

I am all too aware that spelling and grammar on The Bangkok Bugle isn't always the best - even with the help of a spellchecker. But it was with great amusement and satisfaction that I noticed a rather bad spelling mistake (the word potato with a mysterious 'e' on the end) on a blog written by the editor of a newspaper back in the UK.
Normally I would have just chuckled to myself and not said anything, but this particular editor just happened to be my first ever editor in journalism, and I knew he would take my reply in good spirit. (He actually said I was eagle-eyed even when I was a photographer for him, which was nice).
Don't worry Adrian Seal, editor of The Uxbridge Gazette, your secret is safe with me.

2 comments:

Christine Hoh 11:12 PM  

Someone's being too c.o.c.k.y here. Secrets's not safe when you put it in your blog. I am sure I can find a few spelling mistake in here (ha hah a)

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 7:34 AM  

Hi Christine. I was being sarcastic - I know there are lots of 'miss steaks' in my blog. And I also know that Adrian doesn't mind - here's said pretty much the same thing on his blog.

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.