Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

THE LAST CHRISTMAS POST

It seems like a long time ago now but just before Christmas we had an office Christmas party - in the office after work. It was a lot of fun, and all the staff were asked to wear something colorful.
Obviously I entered into the full spirit of the occasion and wore my union jack flat cap and golden patchwork jacket. I know I look like a cross between Del Boy and I-dunno-what but it was Christmas after all.
The malls in Bangkok are still playing Christmas carols and songs; the only difference appears to be the decorations are now up to 40% reduced.

4 comments:

Unknown 8:22 PM  

By now you are no doubt also hearing the perennial favorite "Sawadii Pii Mai Leaw" played over and over and over...

Anonymous 1:17 AM  

in the helium-induced uber-high-pitched ear-piercing tone. hip places like zen department store at central world plaza ought to get the chipmunks to do a cover. the chipmunks incidentally is in theatres now.

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 5:31 AM  

I was in a mall yesterday and even saw Father Christmas doing the rounds. Crazy.
And until yesterday I didn't realise that Father Christmas was a Thai ! :-)

Sanne Dee 12:20 PM  

Happy 2008 to you!

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.