Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Friday, April 25, 2008

LIVING WITH VERTIGO

Ten type of tablets and a week off work, and still I feel as dizzy as I did seven days ago. I guess I am going to have to get used to living with vertigo for a while; hopefully not for too long though.
I am fine as long as I do not move. As soon as I move my head, either from side to side or up and down, I feel dizzy. Apart from these dizzy feelings I feel totally fine.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to cope with vertigo?

4 comments:

Eileen. 静 1:08 PM  

that sounds really bad...

i am having vertigo now as i type.. been almost 8 hours..and like u i am okay if i dun move much..

it is a terrible feeling

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 2:43 PM  

Thanks for your comment Eileen. Vertigo is horrible because, certainly in my case, there is no reason why it should be happening. Everything else checks out fine.
I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown 6:26 PM  

Andrew, sorry to hear about your condition. I must say that I think most people suffer from some sort of ailment, especially as we all get older, and it's a bitch. That won't make you feel any better, but I hope you can adapt to your situation. I've had tinnitus for over 12 years; there's no solution but to keep a radio on at all times.

But do keep in mind that your vertigo is a relatively minor affliction compared to all the other medical problems going around.

Now, do you feel any better?

Dr. Carl

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 4:36 AM  

Carl, yeah I do feel better now - thanks. I know there are a lot worse things than can be happening to a 38-year-old.

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.