Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

WHAT DO ASIAN BUSINESS EXECS READ?

A new survey has shown The Wall Street Journal is the most widely read daily news publication among senior business executives in Asia. The Financial Times and the International Herald Tribune are second and third choice, according to the BE:ASIA 2008 survey by media research organisation Ipsos. Time emerged as the region’s most popular news weekly, while BusinessWeek was the region’s top business magazine.

The interesting thing is that WSJ, FT and IHT all have regional editions published in Asia. Time does too whereas BW has its local language editions, including Thailand, and dropped its English Asian edition several years ago.
What does this survey show? Well in my opinion I think it shows that senior business executives need an understanding of global events that only global titles can provide. I would say that though, with my BW Thailand hat on.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.