Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

DECEMBER RECAP - LONDON

After a month away from blogging I am back!
As you will know, the start of December saw me in London for the World Magazine Marketplace exhibition at the Business Design Centre in Islington. It was actually a very successful event for me and the company - too suucessful in many ways. We were the only Thailand publisher with an exhibition stand, so naturally everyone came to chat about introducing their magazines into the Kingdom.
The result was a lot of work when I got back. There were at least 30 magazines that I can make a serious case for licensing or introducing here, and each involves some serious market research and business planning. I have discussed the main ones with my boss and we are going to concentrate on two for now.

Anyway, while I was back in the UK I was really busy and didn't get to do half the things or meet half the people I wanted to. I did manage to meet up with a former colleague who is considering coming to work here with me. She's a talented journalist and I know so will make a real difference to the company, as well as gaining some valuable experience for anything she does in the future. I'll keep you all informed.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.