Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

ECONOMIST TAKES COPYRIGHT ACTION

EXCLUSIVE by The Bangkok Bugle

Industry sources have confirmed The Economist will shortly be sending 'cease and desist' letters to Thai language websites and publications that have reproduced direct translations of the recent highly controversial stories that lead to the publication not appearing in Thailand and website versions being censored.
The Economist places great value on its content, and Thai language syndication rights are, I understand, currently the subject of negotiations with at least one publishing company.
It remains to be seen whether the company will take further action if the 'offending' material is not removed.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.