Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

ADVERTORIALS: TREADING A FINE LINE

The Daily Express in the U.K. was yesterday censured for the fourth time in two weeks for disguising advertising as legitimate news.
According to the Advertising Standards Authority, the newspaper mislead its readers by disguising part of an advert within a feature article about supplements to ease joint pain.
Does Thailand have anything like the Advertising Standards Authority? In my view there would be a significant number of publications here would be found guilty of failing to clearly identify what constitutes an advertorial as opposed to editorial.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.