Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Monday, October 26, 2009

MEDIA STAYS AWAY FROM TRADE SHOW

If you missed the Media Asia Expo 09 event it seems you weren't alone.
The third annual trade event took place at IMPACT, Muang Thong Thani, last week alongside a signage trade event. By all accounts exhibitors outnumbered visitors at times during the four-day event. Could this have been down to the fact there was little pre-event publicity, or because it was timed to run during the established and popular book event in central Bangkok.
Strangely there are no media reports circulating. Perhaps even the media couldn't be bothered to show up to its own trade show?

3 comments:

Gareth 4:29 PM  

We went last year and it was a huge waste of time. It's definitely more a signage/printing expo than anything else.

Not surprised only a few bothered to go.

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 4:45 PM  

I went the first year. It was productive from a branding perspective and the level of attendees were good. I even got invited to speak.

I did not go this year and, when I spoke to one of the organisers a few weeks back she basically said it wouldn't be worth me coming. If that's the attitude from an organiser .... !

Leosia 12:09 PM  

Since Thailand is already, according to the government, the ICT hub of Asia, the success of this event surely makes Thailand also the media hub of Asia. Not forgetting of course that Thailand is also the home of the ASEAN summit meeting. It's going to be difficult for Singapore to keep up with this.

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.