Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Friday, October 02, 2009

YOUTH MEDIA TAKES CENTRE STAGE

This weekend will see the inaugural Young Hearts: Youth Arts and Media Festival taking place in central Bangkok.
The event is organised by the charity Plan International and will showcase quality youth art and media productions that confront the issues of violence in schools. It marks the culmination of a series of country level national youth media campaigns, with participants coming from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam and host country Thailand.

It will be based around Siam Discovery Plaza and Siam Center and runs on Saturday and Sunday. I'm taking part in a workshop discussion about 'Mainstreaming Youth Media' tomorrow afternoon and will be sharing my experiences from the print publishing industry with the participants.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.