Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO INTERVIEW?

I have been fortunate during my journalism career so far to have had the opportunity to interview and spend time with countless interesting people. There are three that stick in my mind, and in no particular order I would pick these three gentlemen as my top three interviewees so far.
I choose them for various reasons - for what I learned from the interview but also what I discovered about the person.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Norman Pearlstine, who is now Chief Content Officer for Time Inc, no less than three times during a promotional trip to Bangkok for the now defunct Bloomberg BusinessWeek Thailand magazine. At the time he was Chairman of Bloomberg BusinessWeek an during the 48-hours I spent with him I learned so much.
Next I would pick Dr. Mark Mobius, the emerging markets investment guru from Franklin Templeton. Again I have interviewed him more than a few times - twice in front of more than 500 people. He spends (aka invests) other people's money into frontier and emerging markets including Thailand, so my quote to him was the he has "the best job in the world'. He did not disagree.
Third, and perhaps most controversially, I would pick Thaksin Shinawatra. He was a keynote speaker for a BusinessWeek event in Dubai and I spent 45-minutes with him there, along with the bureau chief from Hong Kong, and I would say that was the most enlightening interview I have ever carried out.
Who would you choose to interview if you were able to, and what would you ask them?

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.