Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

THE CHINESE INVASION

I was somewhat surprised to see a copy of the South China Morning Post being offered to guests on an internal Bangkok-to-Phuket Thai Airways flight this week.
In hindsight I guess I should not be that surprised given The Phuket News already has a Chinese edition, while the Phuket Gazette carries the weekly China News as well as a Russian news supplement (in English) within its pages.
Phuket's media scene is arguably just as cosmopolitan and multi-lingual as that in Bangkok.
A sign of changing times - but how long will it last?

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.