Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Saturday, November 07, 2015

A MAG WITH NO ADS

The Thai language licensed edition of Science Illustrated magazine (November edition is pictured here) isn't new but it stands out for me for appearing not to have a single advertisement.
Of course I could be wrong; many "editorial" pieces are paid for in some way but I don't think it's the case with this magazine, with is now at Issue 56 and is produced by the international magazine publishing division of Post Publishing - aka the Bangkok Post.
 Warning signs, for me, start to appear when the contents appear on the inside front cover and page 3 - normally two prime advertising slots. The Editor's Letter is next - on page 4.
The Post has deep pockets but this is the first edition I have seen of this magazine for a while, so I cannot say whether a lack of advertising is endemic with this title.
For sure the topic is likely to be a hard sell for any sales professional, and priced at 120 baht for its 90-pages I doubt it will be making significant money from copy sales - taking into account the cost of unsold copies and the commission for the ones that do sell - like the one I purchased today.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.