Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

ME VERSUS RUPERT MURDOCH

Kinda, and not as far-fetched as you might think.
To cut a long story short, his media machine News Corp has, through a US$500 million + investment in Australia, resulted in me, in my full time job as Group Editor for Dot Property Group, now being in competition with two of his newly-acquired Thailand property websites - not to mention others around the region.
Actually, although we are both in the property media business, his sites here are exclusively Thai while I work exclusively in English.
It’s certainly interesting to think of his latest acquisition as me-against-him in the battle for news, and in truth that’s what it is although in different languages of course.
What it also means is that he believes there are very good opportunities for property portals in Southeast Asia – and that’s a sentiment we both share.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.