Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

IT'S BUSINESS WEEK

Okay, so it's not a World Exclusive because events conspired to prevent me from posting this news earlier today - but I am happy to say that I can finally tell everyone that the new magazine we will be launching in June will be BusinessWeek Thailand - a Thai language edition of the world's most read business magazine.
I did manage to get most of my email press releases out at just after 2am this morning - although this being Thailand there is always something unexpected that happens. For me this morning it was the inability to copy more than 20 recipients onto an email.
So far we've had a fair amount of press coverage including reports on Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance and The Bangkok Post. Those are the ones I know about - I am told we have also had coverage on some of the Thai news websites too.

So finally I can stop calling this 'the new magazine'. It's a very exciting time for me personally, and for the company too. This is our first international licensed title and it will not be the last. I am in charge of this magazine so it's going to be a success.
Now comes the hard bit - finding staff who are committed and talented enough to work for a leading global magazine brand. My quest has already started and I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

Teresa H 12:34 AM  

Hi Andrew - sems to me that this job is going really well bu talso that you are fairly pressured and working hard??

T

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 11:51 AM  

Teresa - working hard for sure but enjoying all of it. It's a challenge as I have said before, and I am learning so much every single day. Andrew.

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.