Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A THERAPY?

Don't read this if you are eating, about to eat or are planning to eat in the near future.
I have joked with my brother in the past about arranging for a complementary Colonic Hydrotherapy treatment for him when he next comes to Bangkok. Here is a description of what's involved from the website of Bangkok's leading treatment centre.
-----
Colon Hydrotherapy Treatment is the process of cleansing colon via the rectum. A series of warm, filtered water infusions are moved into the colon, which is alternately filled and emptied. Colon Cleansing Treatment are combined with a soothing abdominal massage to further encourage the removal of hardened matters and build-ups of gas and mucous from the body.
-----
Basically it means you can a tube stuck up your bottom and .. well, you get the idea. I know there are health benefits to having this treatment, but for anyone to actually want to have this done and pay the best part of 120 quid for the privilege is beyond me. Having this done is the last thing I would want, and to have it as part of a range of Spa treatments is amusing.
If you are interested don't waste any time. This particular place has a special promotion running at the moment - buy three treatments and get a fourth absolutely free.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.