Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

EVERYONE'S SECOND TEAM

The FA Cup replay between Reading and Manchester United was live on Thai television this morning, and even with a 3am kick-off I think many people watched it. Personally I was wide awake at 2.30am so was watching in between sending work-related emails to the UK and New York.
Reading is gaining a following in Thailand and they are recognised as a side that plays together as a team with no real superstars. At the moment Manchester United and Arsenal have shops in Bangkok but I am sure there is some money to be made in Thailand from Royals-related merchandise. I've still yet to see anyone wearing a Royals shirt.
Tanya's taxi driver from her home to my condo talked about the match, although the main problem is that Thai people refer to Reading as 'reeding'. It's understandably and I have even noticed a couple of mentions of 'reeding' on the tv and radio. Mostly they get it right though.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.