Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

A BRUSH WITH ROYALTY

This morning I saw my first member of the Thai royal family 'live'. We went to the Red Cross Diplomatic Bazaar at Siam Paragon, one of the main shopping centres in Bangkok, and HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, the third in line to the throne, was presiding over the opening ceremony.
As for the bazaar, it was mad! Thai people seem to have a fascination for anything foreign and there was a mad rush when the doors opened. There were around 40 booths from many countries selling a wide variety of things. We came back with a lot of things including a two-litre bottle of Ribena from, of all places, Malaysia.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.