Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

MERIT-MAKING

Even though I am not a Buddhist I still felt a compulsion to take part in the merit making, perhaps out of respect more than anything. I wasn't the only foreigner at this particular temple, although you could count non-Thai people on the fingers of one hand.
The process, as you can see, involves holding a lotus flower and some lighted incense sticks between your palms as you walk three times around the temple.
During the time we were walking around the monk inside the temple was chanting, and as I have said before I do find Buddhist chants quite relaxing and therapeutic.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.