Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

FIRST ENCOUNTER

I've had my first encounter with the potential problems that await me. Although I have been offered, and accepted the post of editor with my new employers - they are unable to write a letter confirming my appointment as editor because the Thai Government is understandably wary of who controls their media. Remember that we are talking now about a tourist/lifestyle free magazine here - hardly something that will ever change the destiny of the world.
Anyway, for visa and work permit purposes I will need to be a 'media development consultant, or something equally obscure. I have, however, been told that my contract of employment does state I am editor.
Ahhhh, the power !!!!!

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.