Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Friday, May 12, 2006

EVERY DAY IS A HOLIDAY

Well not exactly but did you know that Thailand has 19 public holidays this year? Probably not - but you never really needed to know. Today (Friday) is another one - Visakha Bucha Day - and the day I am planning to arrive will also conincide with a two-day holiday to celebrate HM The King's 60th anniversary of his accession to the throne. Thailand has a massive respect for its royal family and I am planning to write more about that in the days and weeks to come.
The sheer number of public holidays means that most workers generally only have about 12 days annual leave themselves. That's another fact I am going to have to get used to.

1 comments:

Teresa H 10:12 PM  

Hmm well lots of public holidays presumably means lots of celebrations - could be fun

T

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.