Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

TAKE FLIGHT

With any luck I should have my 'visa letter' this time tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it.
If anyone if ever thinking of coming over to Bangkok I hope this post might be useful. There are countless options when it comes to selecting a flight, and like anywhere there are cheaper and more expensive times of the year to travel. Right now (May/June) is considered cheap, whereas December/January is normally quite expensive.
Your choice of airlines will probably be limited by budget. Generally the cheaper options such as Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian and Kuwait Airways, will involve a stop in the Middle East. The next step up in terms of cost would include the likes of Emirates, Swiss, Turkish, Malaysian and Lufthansa. Direct flights are currently operated by Eva, Thai, British Airways and Qantas, with Eva being by far the cheapest.
As always it pays to shop around. Some agents have deals with specific airlines and a flight offered by one agent or website is not always shown or available from another.
Right now I have two options for my own flight. Flying on 7th June with Qatar Airwyas via Doha for £253, or on June 17th with Malaysian for £259.
I'm not booking anything until I get my visa !

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.