Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

MY 'HOME' IN CHIANG MAI

The venue for two of the three night while I was in Chiang Mai was the splendid Taraburi Resort and Spa complex. It's located about 10 minutes from the airport and is part of a larger development that will eventually included a gated community and high class shopping village.
The resort has around 24 lanna (northern Thai) style suites and a couple of villas. I had one of the twin suites to myself and it was lovely. The seven people from my company (three photographers, me, my fellow executive manager, her sister and the senior reporter were the only ones staying here because it's not fully up-and-running yet. They are launching it in early October but invited us so their staff can get some experience with real guests.
There was only one criticism and that was the number of insect bites I received despite a liberal dosing of mozzie repellant. I guess the Chiang Mai mozzies are already accustomed to the Boots brand.
I can really reccommend this resort as a base for any trip to Chiang Mai. If you want to see more then check out their website at www.taraburi.com.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.