Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'M CHANGING ...

At the Business Fair on Saturday I was chatting to a guy from Manchester yesterday who has been in Bangkok for two years. It's pretty rare for me to have a face-to-face conversation with a native English speaker, and it was weird because I was aware I was talking to him in the simple language I would use if I was talking to a Thai colleague.
That's going to be really annoying for people when I am back in London. One example is that I tend to shorten sentences and use less-complicated words. John, that's his name, is in the same situation in that all his colleagues are Thai - and we both joked about it.
So, when I am back and if you meet me, please accept my apologies in advance if I seem a little weird in what I am saying.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.