Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Monday, May 28, 2007

HOLIDAYS, BUT NOT FOR THAILAND

Today may be a public holiday in the UK and US but not here in Thailand. We make up for it on Thursday with Visakha Bucha Day - one of the most important dates in the Buddhist calendar.
This day marks three important events that happened in the life of Lord Buddha - his birth, enlightenment and passing away. This will be a day of merit making for most Thai Buddhists.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.