Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Friday, June 22, 2007

THAILAND TIME

Nothing in Thailand happens fast.
Simple requests that would normally take ten minutes in the UK take upwards of a day or more here, and the concept of deadlines doesn't seem to exist. I've been waiting for some pretty important information from three outside companies since the end of Tuesday. That was their deadline - and as of 7am on Friday morning I am still waiting. There are companies that we are potentially doing business with so it's not exactly filling me with confidence.
You would have thought that after a year I should be used to it ... but it's soooooo frustrating.

7 comments:

Anonymous 9:06 AM  

Hi Andrew... I'm with ya. I've been waiting on a postcard to come from Google so I can verify the address here in Thailand and so they won't charge for taxes in the USA - since all is in my girlfriend's name... and I've asked google to resend the postcard 3 times. Now I think we have one more time left and I don't know - where to send the postcard in the country so we GET IT. Did 3 postcards just disappear? So odd man... wish at LEAST the postal system would work, or the internet would work better - more consistently. Doing business in Thailand is a seriously frustrating activity. Vern

Sanne Dee 9:20 AM  

Thailand time = 'rubber' time?

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 9:37 AM  

Vern - don't even get me started on the Thai postal system. I'll be able to write more about that in future weeks because we're gonna be sending 30,000+ copies of our new magazine this way - I wonder how many will actually get to their destination?

Asian Games Web 10:53 PM  

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in Thailand, fix your watch according to the Thai time.

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 5:38 AM  

Thaistory - I know what you mean but my job is to introduce a world-class magazine into Thailand so should I really accept anything less than world-class standards?

Asian Games Web 10:27 AM  

Definitely not… but don’t forget where you are, and expect the unexpected! :)

(c) 2016 Written by Andrew Batt 2:40 PM  

Expect the unexpected - you are so right!

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.