Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

THAKSIN IN THE LIMELIGHT - AGAIN

It's pretty safe to say that any hopes that former Thai PM Thaksin Shinawatra might just quietly disappear have been dashed by the decision yesterday of the Assets Scrutiny Committee to freeze more than 52 billion baht in Thai accounts held by the former leader and his family.
Right now Thaksin has not been found legally guilty of any wrongdoing so I'm sure he's going to contest this decision - and make headlines around the world in doing so. This might well hinder his prospects of buying Manchester City Football Club, although I doubt he would be so foolish as to have kept all his proverbial eggs in one basket.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.