Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A MONK FOR BREAKFAST

Last Sunday Tanya invited a monk to her home for merit-making to mark her 40th birthday. It's normal to give food and other gifts to the monk, and in return he will chant.
I made an Asian-style salmon dish, of which I gave one third to the monk. I also brought one of the 150 baht monk medicine kits from the supermarket that contains everything a monk is likely to need in the event of illness. I hope he didn't need to use it after eating my creation.
As you can see we also presented some orchids to the monk, with the assistance of one of Tanya's dogs Piak.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.