Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

BETTER TIMES AHEAD?

The media industry in Thailand (and I guess the same can be said for the rest of the world) has been struggling this year in the face of rising costs and increased competition from other advertising methods.
Personally speaking I have noticed a change in the last couple of weeks. On Friday I helped to finalised a deal to sell the back cover of our monthly magazine for the next two years. I think that's some kind of record for our company, and bookings for February and March are also looking healthy.
Thailand holds elections this coming Sunday and the hope is that much of the political confusion economic reticence of the past 15 months since the coup will be resolved. My feeling is things have already started to change.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.