Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

THE HOT DESK

One of the more useful New Year gifts I received was a desk tidy with clock, calendar and temperature display. This, courtesy of a securities and investment bank, shows just how hot my office gets before the air-con kicks in at 8.20am.
Just after 8am today the temperature, according to this device, had reached 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit. That's hot. My thoughts go back to the UK, and to the hot house that is, at least during summer, The Wokingham Times newsroom where anything this hot is a good excuse for ice creams. Yet here I am, sitting at my desk in a long-sleeved shirt and tie and not even close to sweating. Does this mean I've become a hot house flower? I'm sure I'll find out in less than two weeks time when I'm back in the UK.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.