Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

CLARIFY THE TRUTH

It's amazing just how many times Stock Exchange of Thailand-listed companies have to clarify (in 99 percent of cases that means deny) information that has appeared in a Thai newspaper.
Last month there were at least five incidents where companies had to publish statements to the SET essentially back-tracking on what was printed.
The question has to be are these cases of good reporting and digging for news that companies do not want known, or executives saying a bit too much to a reporter? Surely journalists are not the ones to blame for getting the information wrong?
Search the news archive on the SET website using the words "clarify" or "news" and you'll see what I mean.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.