Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

FHM: THE LAST ISSUE

The last ever issue, the February 2016 one, of the 31-year-old U.K.  'lads mag' FHM has appeared on the bookshelves in Thailand - albeit in very small numbers.
If you're a magazine junkie like me I would suggest getting your copy as soon as you can. In time in will become a collectors item for certain, but the biggest question has to be what will happen to the Thai language licensed edition - published here by listed company Siam Sport.
Due to the lack of independent circulation auditing in Thailand it's hard to determine exactly how many copies the Thai edition sells, but I would suggest it's more than the U.K. edition.
I also feel the Thai edition has the potential to continue as it has managed to develop a brand name of its own here - regardless of its parent edition - and does not rely heavily on international content from that parent.
Only time will tell, but I am confident FHM Thailand will go on after its parent edition has ceased to exist.

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.