Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

BUYING A COAT

I'm planning a trip back to the UK in little over six weeks, and one thing I know I am going to need is a decent winter coat. February in Berkshire isn't an exciting prospect right now and I have almost forgotten when it's like to feel cold.
Buying a winter coat in Bangkok is actually easier than you might think thanks to the Export Shop chain. I've written about these shops before and for someone like me who doesn't even come close to fitting into a Thai XXL shirt there are a godsend. Basically they sell the rejects and samples from manufacturers in Thailand and Cambodia that are made for chains like Gap, Old Navy and the like.
Yesterday I managed to find a really nice (and warm) Nautica coat to add to my collection of Export Shop clothes. If it wasn't for them and for Arrow's (a Thai brand) Big & Tall range I would be struggling for clothes.

1 comments:

Anonymous 8:19 PM  

in thailand where thai brands are cut slim, i can't even buy pret-a-porte as i'm stuck between the smallest of adult's and the largest of children's.

i'm thinking of having even the most basic things like t-shirts made for me.

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.