Note: The older content written as part of this blog was relevant at the time but may have since changed. Please don't hesitate to contact me for clarification.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A REAL SWINE OF A MAGAZINE

Pig and Pork Magazine is the latest title in my ever growing round-up of interesting and unusual Thai language magazine.
The monthly publication costs 50 baht and runs to just 58 pages, although a whopping 26 pages are advertising. As one of my Thai colleagues pointed out this magazine, and others in similar niches, are extremely profitable.
One unusual feature is that although this magazine has few pages it's perfect-bound. Most titles with this number of pages are saddle-stitched.
Many people in Thailand are involved in the pork industry, although I am not too sure how many copies of this magazine are likely to be sold in the centre of urban Bangkok?

0 comments:

Ask Me Anything ..

.. about the media and publishing industry in Thailand, and I will do my best to assist you. You can email your question to bkkandy AT myway.com.

Add me on Facebook

(c) The Bangkok Bugle 2006 - 2015. Email me at bkkandy AT myway.com for information.